WDYTYA 2017 & beyond
@WDYTYALIVE posted a tweet asking “What do you want to see at the 2017 show?”
So his is just somewhere to list ideas etc for future WDYTYA events.
Just some of the suggestions & ideas I’ve had so far, (which I have already tweeted to them)
A longer block of time (after all the talks are finished) for people to look around etc
Would like to see MORE Local Family History Societies, such as Kent, Cornwall, Dorset, Somerset, Essex, Norfolk etc.
– Illegitimacy / Workhouses / Causes of Death / House history / Finding Living Relatives
– Ways to organize your family history documents etc (could also be in the showing heading too)
Social History aspect – Occupations, Health, Religion, Crime/Law, Education, Leisure, Fashion etc
Industrialization – Farming, Transport, Railway, Mining,
Historical & Political events over the years – Various Battles, Domesday Book, Suffragettes, Slavery, Guy Fawkes, Historical Royal events
A Showcasing Area
– The clothes/fashions of our ancestors
– Old money (how much would say £50 from 100 years ago be today)
– More old things & artifacts (like the world globe in its wooden stand, which was in the heirloom detective area)
A mock shop/store, kitchen/front room (a little tea shop or even old sweet shop perhaps?)
A quiz that relates to the event (& maybe the talks even) & people find the answers though out the event.
So I ask YOU my blog readers …. “What do you want to see at the 2017 show & beyond?”
That’s all I have for now, so till next time, stay tuned for some more Ancestry Adventures!